The festive season is right behind the corner and soon we will see the city decorated with Christmas trees, gift boxes and bright lights. I don’t know about you but during winter holidays, my schedule get even busier and suddenly I find myself having every night two appetizers, two dinners, due after dinners and so on… Ok maybe I’m exaggerating but the reality is not far away from it!
When the folks from Franzese USA contacted me to collaborate on a project dedicated to their new products, which includes delights such as hot chocolate cups, I did not think about it twice and immediately said: YES! The idea that came to my mind was using this delicious dessert to organize an after dinner 😉 This way my friends and I could spent a night home doing something different instead of attempting the 20th Christmas dinner at the restaurant. For what concerns the first and second courses you can find delicious recipes on other online blogs; here, I will teach you how to prepare the perfect dessert to complete your perfect night.
As you can see this one is not your regular after dinner; in fact first needs you to say to things to yourself: say NO to diet (in any case you wouldn’t be able to respect it because of the holidays) and YES to lots of fun! Sure, you can say that drinking from a small waffle cup is not something new and I agree with that, so why not try to make it more original and unique, how? By preparing a hot chocolate with a tiramisu flavor (yes, you read that correctly! Only the guys at Franzese USA could come up with such a great idea!) and a taste if Baileys with a coffee savor.
Of course, before writing down this post, I served the dessert to some friends during a dinner and everyone loved it! In addition, this recipe takes just a few minutes to be prepared (about 30 min. total) and it leaves the kitchen clean (very important point!). The cookie dough is really easy to make and once done you can transfer it to a small cupcake pan and bake it for about 20 minutes (during the process remember to push your finger in the middle of each ball to give them the cup shape)
In my eyes, this recipe is the perfect dessert for this specific occasion. After all, women are those that know how to encase in one enclosure (almost) all pleasures of life!
Ok, I’m ready to call some friends and share this wonderful dessert… what about you?
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces of milk
- 1 packet of Franzese Tiramisu Italian Hot Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of Baileys
- Preheat oven to 180c and butter a small cupcake pan.
- Mix together butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla to the dough. Continue mixing.
- Mix on a different bowl flower, salt and bicarbonate.
- Now add everything to the first bowl and finish mixing.
- Use a spoon to cut the dough and place it into the cupcake pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Open the oven and use a tool to shape the small dough cuts into cups by pushing it in the center of each balls.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes and remove the waffles from the pan.
- For the hot chocolate, add some milk to the Franzese USA mix and merge then together using a whisk until it slightly boils. Add the Bailyes and finish the mixing before adding it to the cookie cups.