Valentine’s Day to me means… desserts desserts and more desserts! C’mon there is always an excuse for baking and eating 😉 Unfortunately my lovely Valentine is still in Italy so.. I have to treat myself in some way!
One of my favorite combination is chocolate and raspberries, and I can’t miss this occasion to bake something with these two ingredients. This time I matched them in a tart with a special ganache. The process is easy, the only tricky part is to roll the dough at the same height, you don’t want burnt parts of your tart! After that, be patient when placing all the raspberries on the top, this step will totally change the look of it and your Valentine won’t be able to resist these delicious mignons!
*In this post I used Bob’s Red Mill Fine Pastry Flour, made from the finest soft white wheat. The Fine Pastry Flour is perfect for baked good. It is ideal to obtain flaky pie crusts!
- For the crust
- 1 3/4 cups of Unbleached White Fine Pastry Flour
- 1/4 cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- For the dark chocolate ganache
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz dark chocolate chips
- 2 boxes of raspberries
- For the crust
- In a food processor, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add butter (softened) and eggs, keep mixing.
- Process until the mixture forms a ball.
- Keep in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F.
- Place the crust in 16 mini tart pans with your fingers. The crust must be even.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Set it aside.
- For the chocolate ganache
- Heat the cream (don’t boil it) and pour over the chocolate chips
- Mix until smooth
- Fill the crust with the ganache. Let it settle in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Decor the top with raspberries and enjoy it!